Recommended Resources for Social Entrepreneurs
Recommended Resources for Social Entrepreneurs
Specifically for Family Life Educators, Therapists, Coaches, and Social Service Professionals
The following resources are recommended in the following publications:
- Marketing magic: Secret tricks for increasing your visibility and success, Jody Johnston Pawel, LSW, CFLE. Ambris Publishing, to be published in 2003. Available as e-book download for $9.95.
- The chapter on “Marketing Family Life Education Programs” for the Third Edition of Family Life Education: Integrating Theory and Practice (published by National Council on Family Relations, 2015).
- That chapter is a compilation of excerpts from Serving Without Selling: Relationship Marketing Basics (for Family Life Educators, Therapists and other Social Service Professionals), Jody Johnston Pawel, LSW, CFLE. Ambris Publishing, to be published in 2015.
- That e-book is a condensed version of several modules in the on-line training course, Six Keys to Building a Relationship-Focused Practice: Social Entrepreneurship for Relationship Professionals (by Jody Johnston Pawel, LSW, CFLE. Ambris Publishing, to be published in 2015).
Pre-Launch: Before You Begin Marketing, Lay a Solid Foundation
Relationship Marketing Mindset:
Book Yourself Solid, with Michael Port
Breakthrough Directions: From Relationship Marketing to Business Success, with Gina Gaudio Graves.
Target Market Research:
Find demographics by entering the URL of a site that serves your target market into:
- www.Quantcast.com – look for sites that show traffic, lifestyle and demographics
- www.Alexa.com – look at sites that rank in the first 100,000.
- www.Compete.com –
- Magazines that serve your target market: get their media kit
Survey your target market with:
Find out the topics or problems your target market has through:
- On-line discussion lists and forums.
o Type in “discussion groups” or “discussion forums” to www.About.com. To narrow, add your target market or topic to the search words
- Use Yahoo Answers: https://answers.yahoo.com. Type in your topic or target market and see the top topics, problems, or questions asked. This also can reveal good keywords.
Identify your Ideal Client:
- Write a character sketch using a guidelines by David Bater.
More about your Target Market’s Level of Awareness:
- Personal Branding Coach, Rosemary Davies-Janes, MIBOSO www.miboso.com 1-877-430-8754.
- Speaker/Expert branding: Debbie Allen, www.debbieallen.com
- Logos: www.48hourlogo.com
Mapping Your Service, Content and Marketing Funnels
Relationship Marketing is like a Dating Relationship, by Gina Gaudio Graves. Get it as a flowchart.
Writing benefit statements
- Audio by Julie Hunt. Listen to this each time before you write promotional copy.
- Audio training by Jody Johnston Pawel, LSW, CFLE for NEPI bonus teleseminar for parent educators.
Info-Marketing: Creating Written, Audio, Video Content Products
Copyright information (publications): http://www.loc.gov/copyright/
Writing the Perfect Book Proposal, by Jeff Herman (publisher, date, etc.)
90 Day Product Factory: #1 Product Creation, Marketing and Sales Resource on the Internet, co-created by Mitch Meyerson and Michael Port
Audio creation: use Audacity, a free open-source recording/editing software.
- Google Plus Hangouts (free)
- Google+ Hangout Plug-in to automate registrations, reminders, live play and replays.
- EasyWebinars.com also a G+HO plug-in but more powerful and better training on webinar strategy.
- GoToMeeting (paid)
Post-Launch: Choose & Prioritize Your Marketing Strategies
Google Ad Words: http://www.google.com/adwords/
- Pay-Per-Click information: “Pay Per Click Search Engines – The Basics,” by Halstatt Pires,
- Article: http://www.wordstream.com/how-to-use-google-adwords
- Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=im2fNje6ZA4
Public Service Announcements:
VistaPrint.com: FREE four-color business cards www.vistaprint.com. Pay extra for double-sided.
Speaker Training (Speaking for Income)
- Debbie Allen, Expert Speaker Coach: www.DebbieAllen.com (mention Jody Pawel)
- Group facilitator certification training: https://parentstoolshop.org/leaders/
Speaker Marketing (Marketing your Speaking Services and using Speaking for Marketing)
- Susan Kendrick, speakers’ kits, audiotape and video covers, book back covers: http://www.writetoyourmarket.com
- National Speakers Association: http://www.nsaspeaker.org/
- Teleseminar Training Series, Lori Giovannoni: www.lorigiovannoni.com/professionalspeaker.htm
- Many articles at one place: http://www.marketingprofs.com/topic/all/public-speaking
- Apps and resources for public speakers: http://www.wiseoldsayings.com/public-speaking-an-online-resource-guide.php
Sample Press release template from Marketability.com
Radio-TV Interview Report: Get ad: http://www.rtir.com
Register with services that match you with journalists and other individuals seeking information in your area of expertise:
Free press release submission site: www.free-press-release.com.
For more information, read an article by Mark Harty – http://www.strategictraffic.com/7sins
Have your own webTV show (training): Turn Your Show Into Cash
Search Engine Optimization
Keyword research tools:
- Google AdWords Keyword Planner
- SEO Kook Keyword Suggestions tool: shows possible keywords and other stats.
- WordTracker: suggests keywords to try and shows search volume for suggested related words.
- Free software to calculate Keyword Commercial Intent Tool for AdWords PPC – CNET Download
- SEOToolSet®: search engine optimization tools
- Long-tail Pro: excellent tool for keyword research. Saves lots of time and stays current with Google and other search engine algorithms.
- A Step By Step Guide on the 6 Best SEO Analysis Tools and How to Use Them (article dated 11/2018)
Contests: Contest Burner, set up, track contest leaders, integrates with SM for sharing, etc.
Shopping Carts / Email / Affiliates
Email programs: auto-responders, opt-in forms:
- E-mail Marketing Hints & Tips, a short E-mail, sent every two weeks, “on the best practices of E-mail marketing. It includes actionable hints and tips in a crisp and concise format aimed at helping you become an expert E-mail marketer!” Contact Michelle Keegan, firstname.lastname@example.org
- On-line Marketing Mail Lists
Affiliate programs (stand-alone. See integrated with carts above):
Article marketing (what to do with your articles)
- BestDamnRedirect (BDR), a tools that automates dozens of time-consuming tasks needed for article promotion and affiliate sales, including:
o Redirections (good for recommending affiliate resources)
o Social bookmarking
Tracking comments on posts.
- www.commoncraft.com has video on RSS in plain English.
- Find lists of RSS feeds by searching for “Free RSS Directories”
- Keep track of RSS feeds you submitted your blog feed to with a spreadsheet.
Affiliate programs (See shopping cart section above)
Tool for managing posts to multiple social media outlets:
- www.HootSuite.com is a dashboard to manage up to 5 social networking accounts (on the free version).
Mojo Matrix Video Email & Video SMS software: https://mojo.infusionsoft.com/go/matrix-demo/jpawel/
Recommended Training and Coaching:
- Internet & Relationship Marketing (highly technical) Free 30-Day Challenge – Gina Gaudio Graves, at Directions University.
- Speaker, Author and Expert – Debbie Allen. www.DebbieAllen.com. Tell her Jody Johnston Pawel referred you.
- Six Keys to Building a Relationship-Focused Practice: Social Entrepreneurship for Relationship Professionals — Jody Johnston Pawel, LSW, CFLE. This course offers all the details of all the marketing strategies above, plus other business-building steps. It includes guidance and live support in planning and implementing a customized business strategy and options for personalized private coaching. Next live course starts Summer 2015.