Congratulations on signing up for the “30 Days to Parenting Success” On-line Course! You’ve just taken an important step in making your most-important job as a parent easier and getting the support you deserve.
Over the next 30 days, you’re going to learn a unique, step-by-step approach that will show you exactly how to respond helpfully and effectively to your most frustrating parenting challenges. Here’s how the 30-Day Course works and what to do to get started:
1. If you didn’t already, confirm your e-mail address, allowing us to send you email notices that a new lesson is available for you to read. You should have automatically received a confirmation email when you signed up for the Challenge. (Check your junk/spam filters if this is the first time you’ve received email from us. It should be from Parents Toolshop®.) Just click the link in that email.
2. Join the Parents Toolshop® 30-Day Course Forum, where you can post your assignments, ask and answer questions, get to know other participants and give/get support. To register, go to http://parentstoolshop.com/forum.
To post to the Forum, you’ll have to register a second time, since it’s not tied to the blog. However, the good news is that you can use the same User ID and Password. Posting to the Forum is yet another way for you to get (and give) support around your parenting challenge(s). It’s also the way you qualify for great gifts and prizes!
To prevent spammers from spoiling your experience, your form membership must be approved. This will usually occur within 1-2 business days.
After logging in, if you have time while you are there, go to the Introduction discussions and introduce yourself! You can also look at other discussions taking place.
3. Later today, you will start receiving daily emails reminding you to go to the members-only section of the blog to get the lesson for that day.
You will receive 1 lesson every day. I know that most parents are over-taxed, rushed, exhausted and, of course, busy. Because I know this, I kept YOU, the busy go-giver in mind as I created your “30 Days To Parenting Success” lessons, keeping them short.
4. When you access each lesson, if you have not already upgraded to Gold Member status, you will see a link to do so. Remember that as a Gold member, you will get the lessons in pdf format, to download and save. These are at the bottom of each lesson with the day/time reminder of your Gold calls. Those are the LIVE Weekly Teleconference where you can get your questions answered and get personalized problem-solving and advice from me, the author of The Parent’s Toolshop®, and other certified Parents Toolshop® Leaders. The weekly calls are recorded in mp3 format, so you can download them to your computer, iPod, or mobile device.
5. At the end of each lesson, be sure to pay attention to the Action Steps, because these will help you to get the best results from the 30-Day Course. I made them quick and simple to do — yet fun, thought-provoking and life-changing at the same time. When there are resources available to make implementation easier, you’ll find them listed in the lesson and/or at the end of it.
6. Four times, about once a week, you’ll get a “Go to the Progress Journal Forum” reminder lesson. When you do, visit the discussion forum and post your answers to these three questions:
- What did you learn this week?
- What action did you take?
- What results did you get?
It won’t take long – and of course, there’s the prize you can win! If you answer these questions to all four “Go to the Progress Journal Forum” reminder lessons, you will be eligible to win a seat in the On-Line T.I.P.S. (Tools for Improving Parenting Success” On-line Training Program. It’s a $1495 value that includes:
- 10+ hours of video of me teaching a live Parents Toolshop® comprehensive series. This is the absolute best way to learn and really master the skills.
- Bonus handouts with advanced information not available in any other Parents Toolshop® resources.
- Practice exercises and worksheets to help you practice and apply the special language and action tools you are learning. Real-life hands-on practice, at home with your child(ren), is what makes mastery of these skills possible!
- Lifetime access to weekly training and support calls to clarify the lessons and offer personalized problem-solving. Even once you graduate, you have weekly access to me and/or other Certified Parents Toolshop® Group Facilitators for any questions or clarifications you might need — for life! (Worth $180 each year!)
- A lifetime membership to the On-line T.I.P.S. Training Discussion Forum, where you can post questions and get (and give) support from me, certified Parents Toolshop® Leaders, and all other Parent’s Toolshop® course graduates, of both the on-line program and all the live workshops certified Parents Toolshop® Leaders provide worldwide!
- Over $500 in Bonus Resources, including all of the resources that currently exist and all that are created in the future!
Will you be the next WINNER? There’s only one way to be sure you are in the running — answer the 3 questions in each of the 4 “Progress Journal” forum areas.
7. When you complete the “30 Days to Parenting Success” course, you’ll have a chance to participate in the T.I.P.S. On-line Course at a $500 discount. You can also schedule a free strategy session with me or a certified Parent’s Toolshop® Advisor, to discuss your remaining parenting challenges and whether you want to participate in any other Parents Toolshop® programs.
So, that’s a summary of the 30-Day Course process, from today through the next 30 days. You don’t have to finish in 30 days, but do keep it fresh in your mind and moving forward. You are learning an effective parenting system, so it’s important to learn and use all the steps and tools, to get the best results possible.
I’m excited that you’ve taken this first step. Now, do steps 1 and 2 above so I can meet you, get to know you better, and support you in the Forum — throughout this 30-day process — and hopefully beyond.