On-line TIPS Training Week 06
The Week 6 topic is “Children’s Menu: Get the F-A-X on How to Really Listen to Your Child.”
It includes the new Advanced “Sibling Toolset” Workshop bonus training video & lesson,
so feel free to take two or three weeks to do absorb and practice these skills.
NOTE: Even if you have an only child, please learn The Sibling Toolset. The mediation/conflict resolution skills are exactly the same as what you would use if your child had a conflict with a peer or child relative. If your child is an only child, they will especially need to learn these skills since they don’t have siblings for frequent “practice.”
Here’s the order you’ll want to learn the skills in THE CHILD PROBLEM TOOLBOX:
F-A-X Listening Toolset
Taking over Child Problems
Chapter 7: F-A-X Listening Toolset
- Peeling Onions • Fax Communication • Problem-Solving Styles • Communication Barriers
- F-A-X Listening • Step B1: Focus on Feelings
- Tips for Tots and Teens • Practice • Possible Answers
Chapter 8: Problem-Solving Toolset
- Step B2: Ask Helpful Questions • Step B3: X-amine Possible Solutions • When to Move from Step to Step • Variations of Problem Solving • Problem-Solving Worksheet
- Common Child Problems (1: Emotions, Peers/Siblings)
- Common Child Problem (2: School)
- Practice • Possible Answers
Remember the chapter posts are a work in progress and may not contain all the graphics, charts and tables found in the pdf format.
2. Complete the related questions in the “final review”.
3. Print out the Bonus handout and have it available while you watch the video.
5. Do the practice Exercises that you’ll get automatically in your e-mail inbox.
BONUS: NEW! The Sibling Toolset
6. Watch this new two part BONUS video on siblings:
- Siblings-Part 1
- Print out the Bonus handout and have it available while you watch the video. Preventing and Solving Sibling Conflicts
- Siblings-Part 2
Once you are done with all the above:
6. Send an email to Support@ParentsToolshop.com with the answers to the 4 “Weekly Progress Report” questions::
- What did you learn?
- Any questions about the content? Anything you need clarified?
- What action did you take?
- What results did you get?
- The best way to get more information on what you’re learning is to be on the Weekly On-line TIPS webinar: