Welcome to the On-line TIPS Training Program
For your convenience, here are the instructions from the e-mail you received. Please see the highlighted portion to access the first week of training materials.
Thank you for making a commitment to becoming a more effective parent by registering for the On-line TIPS Training based on The Parents Toolshop®: The Universal Blueprint® for Building a Healthy Family. Although they may never realize or say it, your children will also be grateful you made their upbringing a priority by investing your time and energy to learn these profound yet practical skills and apply them in your daily life.
HERE IS A SUMMARY OF THE EMAILS YOU WILL RECEIVE:
Today: You will receive:
- Welcome letter with directions (this e-mail)
- Email with the “Final Review.” As you read each chapter, answer the questions related to that chapter. At the end of the course, you’ll have one quick-reference guide where you can review the key points, tips and tools. I suggest you save that email as a document on your computer, because you’ll be entering answers each week.
During the next 10 weeks, starting tomorrow (Day 1), you will receive at least 2 e-mails each week.
- Email with directions for accessing the secure training materials for that week. These will include:
- The Parent’s Toolshop® Chapter for that week
- Video of a live class where I present and discuss the Toolset(s) of the week
- Any Bonus Handouts for that week. (Not every week has them.)
- An email with the practice exercises for the chapter(s) you are reading that week. If that week covers more than one chapter, you will get a separate email with the practice exercises for each chapter. These are the same as the exercises in the book, except you can type your answers into them and post them in the discussion forum area for that week. I, Certified Parents Toolshop® Group Facilitators, Parents Toolshop® Graduates, and/or other On-line TIPS Training participants can review them and give you support and feedback.
On Week 15, you will receive two emails:
- A program evaluation form. Reply to the email, fill it out, print a copy for yourself, and send it back to me.
- Directions for how to qualify as a graduate.
HERE ARE DIRECTIONS FOR COMPLETING THE COURSE. Use this as a checklist as you work through the course.
Here are the links for the resources you need to get started in the On-line TIPS Training:
If you need access to the post for translation purposes, you can access them at the following links. Please remember the posts are a work in progress and may not contain all the graphics, charts and tables found in the pdf format.
These parts of the book will give you insight into how Parent’s Toolshop® came to be as well as a good introduction of what you will be learning these next 10 weeks.
STEP 2: STARTING TOMORROW AND EACH WEEK THEREAFTER, DO THE FOLLOWING
1. Read each chapter of the book up to the Practice Exercises. Read the chapters in order and read no more than your assignment for each week. This is not a speed course. I want you to digest, process and practice what you learned in one Toolset before moving on to the next, because they build on each other.
- If you ONLY have children who are between the ages of 6 and 11, you can skip the “Tips for Tots and Teens” sections of the book.
- If you have children who are between the ages of 1 and 5, be sure to read the “Tips for Tots” sections.
- If you have children who are over the age of 11, be sure to read the “Tips for Teens” sections.
- If you are tight on time that week, at least read anything that is in bold, boxes, or has a star next to it.
2. As you read each chapter of “The Parent’s Toolshop,” complete that chapter’s section of the Final Review document. (Which you will receive Jan 17 by separate email.)
3. Watch the video for that week. Do this after reading the chapter, not in place of reading.
4. After the video, type in your answers to the practice exercises email you received for that week. Only after you have answered these questions yourself and submitted the answers should you read the “Answer Key” at the end of the chapter.
5. Post to the forum or Send an email to email@example.com with your answers to the following “Weekly TIPS Report questions”:
- What did you learn?
- Any questions about the content? Anything you need clarified? (Don’t forget that the best way to get more information on what you’re learning is to be on the Weekly On-line TIPS call. See below.)
- What action did you take?
- What results did you get?
6. Participate in the weekly On-line TIPS Training webinar.
- Beginning August 5, 2015 weekly support webinars will take place on Wednesdays from noon-1 p.m. Eastern.
- To receive the weekly reminder emails with link to join the webinar series, please click here to register.
- A time converter is available when you click the link to register.
- Contact support@ParentsToolshop.com if you have any problems or if you do not receive the reminder from GoToWebinar.
REPEAT STEP 2 — EVERY WEEK UNTIL YOU FINISH THE BOOK
STEP 3: COMPLETE THE FINAL STEPS OF COMPLETION
- Submit your program evaluation form, which you will receive on the first day of Week 11. Just reply to that email, complete the form, and send.
- Confirm all your assignments are complete in the forum. Specific directions for how to do this are in the email you’ll receive in week 11.
STEP 4: GRADUATE!
You will receive a graduation certificate within 30 days of sending your program evaluation to Info@ParentsToolshop.com and sending your confirmation email.
Once you are a graduate, you’ll receive an email with:
- Your graduation certificate
- Links to all the bonus resources (a $500 value)
We’ll also subscribe you to a special On-line TIPS Graduate mailing list, which will generate a congratulatory email that details all the extra LIFETIME benefits for which Parents Toolshop® Graduates qualify.
I’m really looking forward to supporting you through this process, which for many is a life-changing, transformational experience that dramatically improves their family relationships and their confidence as parents. I know you can get great results, too. It will all be up to you. This is a course that you truly “get out of it what you put into it.”
Yours in Service to Families,