This policy applies to physical products. Any digital resources that can be copied, saved, stored, or shared are non-refundable.
* All returns must be pre-approved and include documentation that clearly indicates the reason for return.
* If not pre-approved or no reason is indicated, it is assumed the reason is “overstock” and the terms below apply.
- Defective items: will be automatically replaced, with publisher paying shipping if the publisher is notified of the problem before the return shipment is made, to pre-authorize the return. Publisher will ship new books upon receiving the returned items, to first verify defective quality. If buyer wants replacement items shipped sooner, they can place a new order and when the defective items are received, a credit for the defective items will be issued and applied to any outstanding balances.
- Overstock returns: Unfortunately, we have no way to resell books that have already been read, handled, or otherwise used. Therefore, books that have been taken out of the original packing and placed into bookstores for resale perusal will not be accepted; shipment will be refused and buyer will incur all shipping charges. Unless a buyer notifies the publisher of one of the aforementioned conditions or can verify the books were never placed in the store where they could get handled, any unexpected, unauthorized return shipments will be refused and shipped back at buyer’s expense.
* If publisher receives an order for a new shipment of the identical book within 30 days of an overstock return, publisher will assume the vendor is avoiding payment by returning used product and will no longer accept order or returns from that vendor.
- Items damaged in transit to buyer: will receive credits and replacements based on whose shipping account was used to ship the books to the buyer.
Reason: Shipping companies such as FedEx and UPS are usually insured. It is their insurance payment that will compensate the publisher for the damaged goods. In compliance with the policies of these shipping companies, the party whose account was used to pay shipping needs to file the insurance claim for the damaged goods.
For either party to file an insurance claim, the following criteria must be met:
(a) Photographic proof of the damage (to both the container and damaged items) must be obtained by the receiver/buyer. (Buyers/Distributors: please notify your receiving department to inspect each shipment and immediately document any damage. If no documentation is obtained, no claim, refund or credit can be made.)
(b) The tracking number of the shipment that was received damaged is recorded. (If no tracking number is provided, no claim, refund or credit can be made.)
If all the above conditions are met, an insurance claim can be filed by the party whose shipping account was used. Then, credits or replacements will occur as follows:
* If Ambris Publishing’s shipping account was used: credits or returns must meet the above criteria and the following criteria:
(a) The Buyer/Receiver is responsible for notifying the publisher of damage within 48 hours of receiving the damaged shipment, specifying if they want a credit or replacement, and confirming proof of the damage has been or will be promptly sent to the publisher.
(b) Receipt of the documentation of damage (photographic evidence and any damaged items being returned) must be received by the publisher within 10 calendar days of buyer notifying the publisher of the damaged goods and whether you want to return or sell the damaged items (see next item). (Electronic submissions of photos are accepted at the email address above: PTCinfo@parentstoolshop.com.)
(c) Upon receipt of the documentation of damage, one of the following will happen:
- If the buyer wants to keep and sell the damaged goods:
- If the order was pre-paid: a credit memo will be created for the payment for the damaged order. That credit can be applied toward any outstanding balances or future orders.
- If the order was invoiced: the invoice can be adjusted and reissued for 50% of the new sales price for which the reseller plans to sell the items.
- If the buyer wants replacement books, notify the publisher you want to ship the damaged books back (at the publisher’s cost). Upon approval of the request, the publisher will either arrange for a return tag to be provided to the buyer or provide the buyer with the publisher’s shipping account number. When the tracking number for the return shipment is provided to the publisher, the publisher will ship replacement items at the publisher’s expense.
* If the receiver (bookstore, vendor) uses their own shipping account for the order, they are responsible for filing the insurance claim with the shipping company that damaged the items, following the shipping company’s procedures. The insurance payment they receive will serve as credit or reimbursement for the damaged items. If the damaged items were returned to the publisher, the insurance pay-out will be paid to the publisher, to compensate for the damaged goods returned and their shipping costs. If the buyer sends the insurance claim documentation to Ambris Publishing, it will receive either full credit or replacement books (whichever the buyer requests) within 10 days of receiving the documentation.
* DETERMINATION OF DAMAGE IS AT PUBLISHER’S DISCRETION AND JUDGMENT. IF NO DOCUMENTATION OF THE DAMAGE IS PROVIDED, NO CLAIM CAN BE FILED AND NO CREDITS OR REPLACEMENTS WILL BE MADE BY THE PUBLISHER.
* IF THE BUYER DOES NOT FILE A DAMAGE REPORT WITH THE PUBLISHER WITHIN 48 HOURS OF RECEIVING DAMAGED GOODS OR WITH THE SHIPPING COMPANY (FEDEX, YELLOW, USPS, ETC.) WITHIN 30 DAYS, THE BUYER WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR PAYING THE PUBLISHER FOR THE ORDER.
- For buyer to qualify for credit on return shipping charges, Ambris Publishing must receive notification within 10 days of the exact charges, to issue proper credit. If notification is not received within 10 days, return shipping charges will not be included in the credit and will not be added later.
- Ambris Publishing issues credit memos, not refund checks, within 30 days of receiving returns. Credit reflects any return shipping charges for which Ambris has been notified. Credit memos are applied to open invoices and against future purchases. Credits expire one year from issue date.
Return Shipping address: Ambris Publishing, 320 Spruceway Dr., Springboro, OH 45066